January 12, 2015
3 miles at Upper Campus in late
afternoon. I did the first mile with Karl. We immediately set off at
a lightning-fast pace, which we kept up around the Hospital Hill
loop. He handled himself possibly even better than I did on the icy
descent, possibly due to his having twice as many legs. Cheater. The
rulebook doesn't say that you can use four legs. By the time we got
to the straightaway that comes after Hospital Hill, he was dragging
and his tongue hung about half a foot out of his mouth. He sped up to
a full sprint as soon as he rounded the row of flags at the far end
of the field and saw his goddess (my mom) walking towards us. I
handed over the dog at that point and did two more miles.
January 15, 2015
4.4 miles on Upper Campus. The first
two were with Karl.
January 16, 2015
Two miles on Upper Campus. I started
the usual way, then went down the Mankiller trail and back up. I
rendezvoused with my mom at the top of the hill and tried to take the
dog for the last half mile, but he refused to leave her behind, so I
handed the dog back and took off alone again. Total time: 15:40.
Total pace: 7:50. Both miles were in the 7:46-7:50 range, but I did
the last tenth of a mile at a sprint (roughly a 5:40/mile pace).
January 17, 2015
3 miles at Upper Campus in the morning.
I ran alone and slowly, doing one extended hospital loop and one
regular one. My time was 23:45 and my pace was 7:54/mile.
3.2 miles at Briar Creek Lake Park in
the late afternoon. Last time (link to other post) I said that I
would go back there for a short run if Upper Campus ever had me bored
senseless. Both criteria were met, so I headed over there. Last time,
the place was like a bog, but this time the lake was frozen over
(apparently pretty thickly; some people were messing around out on
the ice in the middle of the lake) and even the trail was iced over
in places. I headed along the south side of the lake, at one point
going out a few yards onto the ice to see how solid it was (it was
very solid). I then ran up along the dike and then let my momentum
carry me down it. I then looped around the fields, through the
Fowlersville Covered Bridge, and back to the lake. I did a smaller
loop that involved sprinting up the dike and then returned to my
starting point at the western end of the lake. My pace was about
7:55/mile, maybe a bit slower.
January 18, 2015
10 miles at Weiser. I checked out one
of the side trails. It was a dissapointment, but there are other
trails, like the South Branch Trail. The last seven miles were all
between 7:24 and 7:45. My overall time was 1:22:50 and my pace was
8:17/mile.
No comments:
Post a Comment